воскресенье, 6 апреля 2014 г.

Five favourite things since my childhood: THE ICE-CREAM

3. THE ICE-CREAM
 

And there was the third thing I loved in my early childhood. I don't know why ice-cream seemed to me so tasty. Maybe it was really better at that time. It was made of natural products and the flavours were more delicate as well as my taste I suppose. But could it explain my passion for ice-cream?

It was a forbidden pleasure for me because of my throat. My mother always said that it was not good for me, that it was the reason of my frequent quinsies. Never mind. I longed to eat it – that was all. And even if I had this rare pleasure I couldn't be completely happy. I was eating my ice-cream too quickly. So when I had finished I had to look aside because usually someone was still eating this delicious lump of frozen milk near me and it was too painful to watch this process. I was never fed up with the ice-cream. 
 
I remember once I was arguing with my mother about something. Her nerves weren't good and it was easy to make her furious. She warned me that if I didn't stop she would throw away the ice-cream I was eating. I couldn't imagine such an action and didn't stop. So she seized it and threw it in the slop-pail with disgusting dirty water in it. I remember my feelings were so hurt as if some sacrilege had been committed in front of me. 
 
There was a happier recollection too of course. One lucky day which became a legend for me. The day when I ate four portions of ice-cream. 
 
My mother bought me the first one and I managed to persuade my aunt to buy me another one. The third one was given to me by my aunt's flat mate though my aunt tried to prevent me from eating it. And then when I, completely happy, was playing alone near my aunt's dormitory a man asked me if I would like an ice-cream. I couldn't answer "no" though I understood it was very wrong of me. Surprisingly I didn't have any problem with my throat after all. So the story about four ice-creams was one of my favourite for years.

1. THE SNOW
2. THE NEW YEAR CELEBRATION

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий